You have no items in your shopping cart.
Refunds and Returns
We understand that sometimes you may wish to return a product you have purchased from shop front or online, so we have set out the Process and Policy to assist you.
If you purchase a faulty product, please Contact Us immediately, so we can work with you to meet Australian Consumer Law requirements.
Change of Mind
We want you to be happy with your purchase and understand that sometimes you may make a purchase and change your mind.
Even though we are not obligated to refund due to change of mind, we are happy to refund or issue store credit
However we do have some restrictions and limitations, check these out below.
Change of Mind Eligibility
To be eligible for a change of mind refund or store credit: Basic requirements are:
- Request must be within 7 (seven) days of purchase from store or receipt of goods for online purchases.
- Proof of purchase must be presented; i.e. either your receipt or order number.
- Item(s) must be new, unused condition and in their original packaging, along with all accessories, labels and tags for a full refund.
These items are NOT eligible, for a Change of Mind credit.
The following items cannot be refunded:
- Special or custom order items,
- Helium Tanks,
- Inflated Balloons once inflation process has started,
- Edible Items,
- Custom or Personalised Merchandise,
- Any item worn, used or altered,
- Discounted or Sale Items,
The following items qualify for an exchange or return ONLY if they are in their unopened, original packaging -- these items must not appear to have been worn, used or altered in any way.
- Artificial teeth
- Cigarette holders and fake cigars
- Contact Lenses
- Cosmetics and Makeup
- Face paint
- Hair accessories
- Inflatable Items
- Prosthetic noses or chins
- Socks and stockings
- Shoe covers, boot tops, slippers or other similar footwear*
- Party supplies such as paper plates and cups
- Pet costumes
- Wigs, beards, facial hair or any other artificial hair
* Shoe Returns: All shoes must be unmarked (without scuffs), unworn and in new condition. Try your shoes on indoors in a carpeted area to avoid making them ineligible for a return.
Basically, if it goes on your face, eyes, ears, feet, hair or bottom and you took it out of the package - it's yours to keep.
If a credit is denied based on the above criteria, a representative will call and/or return the item to you as soon as possible.
Just Clowning Around reserved the right to make final determination if your item is eligible for a credit, and or refund.
What do I have to do?
In Store Purchase
If you purchased it in our “brick and mortar” shop, return to the shop of purchase within 7 days and don’t forget your receipt. It’s that easy!
Contact our Customer Service staff, Contact Us
1. Just Clowning Around will determine if your product qualifies under our refund Terms, Conditions and Restrictions
2. If appropriate, Just Clowning Around will arrange for our courier company, or their representative to collect the item(s) from you. (We'll deduct $6.95 for the return shipping from any credit.)
3. We will issue you a refund for your original order (minus shipping fees, which are not credited) typically within a week of the receipt of your package by Party Capital. Note: During the Halloween and Christmas season, this process could take up to 2 weeks. Banks and credit cards usually take 48 hours to process the refund.
If you would like to exchange your item for a different costume or accessory, or if you need a different size, we want to make sure that our exchange process is fast and easy.
1. If you need it in a hurry, it would be quicker and easier to find the replacement item on PartyCapital.com.au, complete the order including paying for the new item, have the item shortly after.
2. Follow the refund process above for the item(s) you want to return.
The same criteria as Refunds applies for items you want to exchange.
Restocking Fee: There is a 15% restocking fee if 5 or more of one item is returned.
Defective Items: If you received an item that is damaged, we'll fix it - fast. Contact Customer Care within 14 days of the original order date, and we'll do everything we can to ensure you receive the replacement product(s) quickly.
Sizing Issues: If you are returning an item because of a size issue, please make sure you check the costume itself and not rely on the label on the outside packaging. It is not unusual for a manufacturer to use the same labelling or packaging for all costume sizes. In addition, it is possible that the size of the costume is correct while the packaging labelling is incorrect.
For in store purchases we have change rooms for you to ensure correct sizing at time of purchase.
Processing Times: Returns are typically processed within 2 weeks of receiving the item. During the Halloween season (September through November), returns may take up to 3 weeks. It's a very busy (and our favourite) time of year!
Incorrect Addresses and Return-to-Sender Packages:
Packages shipped to an incorrect address provided by the customer during the order process may require additional shipping days. Orders 'returned to sender' by the courier are subject to a 15% charge to reship. 'Return to Sender' orders include, but are not limited to, orders for which the customer provided an incomplete or incorrect address; instances in which the customer is not available for delivery; orders for which the customer fails to provide a P.O. Box or physical address; and instances where the order is refused by the customer.
A Note About Costume Styles: Styles, colours and fabrics are subject to change without notice due to the manufacturer's production. These changes are beyond our control. We do our best to catch these issues; however, the manufacturers do not always notify us of these variations.
When we become aware of changes, we reflect them in the website descriptions and images. However, if you notice any discrepancies before we do, please let us know so we can provide a better experience for all our customers.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.